Wednesday, November 22, 2006

My dream for the future of sg's political scene lies with the new generation

I could only day dream that our new breed of political leaders will live up to the people's expectation.
This is for them:

If I have a choice of a father, will I choose one who is compassionate, or one with no heart.
If I have a choice of a father, will I choose one who communicates with me, or one who will only dictates what I can or cannot do.

I can choose to be INDIFFERENT to what my father is. Or I can choose to walk out when I can. What I cannot do is to try to change my father. Just like it is almost impossible to teach an old dog a new trick. So this I will not try.

Truely, what I can do is to reflect upon the situation, and make sure I live up to what I expect my father to be, as I am a father myself now.

But will I be able to live up to what my children demand of me? Cos what I demand of my father is different from what he offered me. And he probably had my best interest in his heart, all things considered. Similarly, what I think would be an ideal father, will be different from what my children expect from me. Will I be flexible enough to change with the times.

Good thing my father does not interfer with how I bring up MY children.

As you folks inherit to become the leaders of singapore, how will you ‘father’ and ‘mother’ the citizens of these nation? Only time will tell, and I hope what you consider is best does not conflict with your ‘children’. Else in this age and time, many will walk out before they turn 16.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home